Presented by the Post-Tensioning Institute.
This 2-day workshop outlines the basic body of knowledge that should be possessed by all personnel involved in the installation and inspection of single strand unbonded post-tensioning systems for elevated structures. It also serves as an effective introduction for personnel new to post-tensioning, while at the same time providing support and organization for experienced persons.
- Post-tensioned concrete concepts and theory
- Post-tensioning components
- Special requirements for encapsulated systems
- Installation requirements
- Tendon stressing and equipment
- Barrier cable installation
Who should attend: This training is of value to installers (new & experienced), inspectors, building officials, engineers and architects, or anyone who wants to know more about unbonded post-tensioning installation.
NOTE: This workshop is offered in Spanish, same days/times – use course code PTISPMT when registering.
Benefits of Certification: Quality of materials and workmanship are critical to the long-term durability and performance of post-tensioning. Individuals who complete this training will have a sound working knowledge of post-tensioning installation and inspection that will benefit them and their employers in many ways, including:
- Durability of PT construction
- Improved productivity
- Enhanced safety & risk reduction
- Code and specification compliance
- Improved profitability and competitiveness
- Professional development & better value for the owner
Code and Specification Compliance: The International Building Code incorporates ACI 318, “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete,” which requires post-tensioning installation be performed by individuals certified by an independent training/certification program; PTI-certified field personnel meet this requirement.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-848-3180.