Presented by the Post-Tensioning Institute.
NUEVA para WOC 2022! Esta clase de dos días describe el cuerpo básico de conocimientos que debe ser poseído por tod el personal envuelto en la instalación y la inspección de sistema postensado sin adherencia.
Los temas tratados incluyen:
- Concreto postensado conceptos y teoría
- Componentes de postensado
- Requisitos especiales de sistemas encapsulado
- Requisitos de instalación
- Uso de equipo de tensado
- Instalación de cable de barrera
This 2-day workshop will be presented in Spanish and outlines the basic body of knowledge that should be possessed by all personnel involved in the installation and inspection of single strand unbonded post-tensioning systems for elevated structures. It also serves as an effective introduction for personnel new to post-tensioning, while at the same time providing support and organization for experienced persons.
- Post-tensioned concrete concepts and theory
- Post-tensioning components
- Special requirements for encapsulated systems
- Installation requirements
- Tendon stressing and equipment
- Barrier cable installation
Who should attend: This training is of value to installers (new & experienced), inspectors, building officials, engineers and architects, or anyone who wants to know more about unbonded post-tensioning installation.
NOTE: This workshop is offered in Spanish, same days/times – use course code PTISPMT when registering.
Benefits of Certification: Quality of materials and workmanship are critical to the long-term durability and performance of post-tensioning. Individuals who complete this training will have a sound working knowledge of post-tensioning installation and inspection that will benefit them and their employers in many ways, including:
- Durability of PT construction
- Improved productivity
- Enhanced safety & risk reduction
- Code and specification compliance
- Improved profitability and competitiveness
- Professional development & better value for the owner
Code and Specification Compliance: The International Building Code incorporates ACI 318, “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete,” which requires post-tensioning installation be performed by individuals certified by an independent training/certification program; PTI-certified field personnel meet this requirement.
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-848-3180.